Saturday 28 September 2013

Spinster? Me?

Every day I feel like everyone around me is doing exciting things and growing up and I'm still getting to grips with how to use a washing machine.
Okay, let me explain myself.
So in my church, there is kind of this unspoken thing where it's super normal to get married really young. I'm 18 and it's kind of weird that I'm not talking about getting married, let alone the fact that I don't have a boyfriend. I think there are... 3 girls my age without other halves in church, though both of the other two are at uni, so I guess I'm the only one. There are a few single boys, but they're all hopeless around girls, bless them. I mean they're all catches, but they don't seem to realise it. I digress.
Now don't misunderstand, I don't mind that I don't have a boyfriend. In normal person terms, I am young and there are things that I'd like the opportunity to do before I settle down, but my point is that it's weird that that's weird.
This has come to my attention because one of my friends that I work with has just got engaged (and I'm so happy for her!), and honestly I feel like I'm too young for this to be happening to people my age. Life is steaming on ahead and I'm barely aware of it.
Of course, if I look at it, then I am moving with it, I've finished education (for now), I have two jobs, one of which is practically running a church, I can drive, and I'm pretty much self sufficient. I mean, I pay for petrol and go food shopping, so I guess I can no longer hold on to the belief that I am twelve years old, no matter how much I'd like to.
This blog post, I'm aware, is very badly written, and to be honest it is more of a stream of consciousness being pushed from my brain through my fingers as I sit here watching PotC.

No comments:

Post a Comment